Streamline revenue collection and reduce non-revenue water.
The Utility Systems Aquadata automated meter reader is a low-cost, intelligent device that enables utilities to remotely read and monitor the metered consumption of water.
The Aquadata is compatible with most makes of pulse output water meter and provides meter readings via a walk-by, drive-by, or fixed data collector.
The automated reading capability reduces labour costs, improves meter reading accuracy, and records hourly water consumption data. Leak and tamper detection is incorporated as standard.
The Utility Systems Aquadata is an automated meter reader that streamlines the collection of accurate water meter readings that can be seamlessly integrated into most billing systems. It also supports a time-synchronised water balancing function.
Assists with overcoming common challenges faced in water billing, such as:
- Lost revenue and disputes arising from inaccurate meter readings
- The inability to do accurate water balancing and so account for all water consumption
- The time lag between consumption and revenue collection
- The need to estimate water consumption
Leak detection and indication makes it possible to identify leaks at the consumer’s premises, helping curb water wastage. Tamper detection identifies an attempt to interfere with the meter’s recording of consumption. This, together with accurate water balancing, helps reduce the potential for water loss through theft.
Overall, reduced non-revenue water means cost savings on treatment, pumping and storage, and an increase in revenue collection.
Cost-effective installation or retrofit
The Aquadata is particularly suited to the domestic meter market and forms the basis of a cost-effective advanced metering infrastructure (AMR).
The unit is encapsulated in a sealed ABS plastic housing that meets IP68 waterproofing requirements. It connects to the water meter via a probe and can be easily installed or retrofitted above ground, indoors or outdoors.
Operational and financial benefits
The Aquadata offers the water service provider a number of financial benefits, including:
- Low cost of acquisition
- Cost and time savings through streamlined meter readings, data-collection and processing
- Reduced loss and wastage of treated potable water through leak detection
- The ability to retrofit to existing meters extends the life of existing infrastructure while increasing efficiency
- Rapid return on investment
Operational benefits include:
- Synchronised monthly meter readings while storing up to 12 monthly consumption totals
- Accurate zonal water balancing accounts for water consumed and improves capacity planning
- The ability to connect to any approved pulse output meter, regardless of size
- Data collected is available in a versatile .csv format which means that no proprietary billing infrastructure is required
- Enhanced customer relations through value-added service
- Detected leaks can be repaired quickly, resulting in reduced bills for the customer
- Better non-revenue water to paid-for water ratios mean greater price stability
- Less reliance on estimated bills means greater consumer awareness and control of consumption
- Can be retrofitted on site to any approved magnetic pulse output water meter for electronic pulse pick-up
- Records an accurate water consumption profile over time, enabling load profiling and capacity planning
- Detects leaks by monitoring night-flows down to an individual customer level
- Incorporates tamper-proofing measures
- Accurate meter reading, tamper and leak detection help in payment dispute resolution
- Automatic meter readings by radio link
- Supports 120 days’ consumption logging
- Stores up to 12 month-end consumption totals
- No in-field servicing required, interrogation via a field service terminal is, however, possible
- Dimensions: 108 x 58 x 33mm
- Compatible with approved magnetic pulse output meter
- Maximum flow range of one pulse per second
- Has built-in radio communications
- Radio range of 250m line of sight
- Radio frequency 433 MHz
- ABS plastic housing
- Easy mounting: vertical or horizontal
- Above ground installation
- Tested to IP68 waterproof rating
- Power source: lithium battery rated for an approximate life of 10 years, dependent on usage
- Weight approximately 120g
- Operating temperature -10°C to 75°C
- Storage temperature -25°C to 75°C
- ICASA ETSI EN 301 489-1 and 3
- ICASA ETSI EN 300 220-