Water Management Device lite
The WMDlite is a low-cost solution for the management of basic water supply for domestic consumers.
When linked to a pulse output water meter, the Utility Systems WMDlite can be configured through a Field Service Terminal (FST) to provide varying levels of water services. These include:
- Free basic water
- Emergency water
- Electronic Bailiff Unit (EBU) functionality
- Lifeline water
The WMDlite can be configured to:
- Dispense between 10 – 50 000 litres of water, up to two scheduled times daily, thereby providing the ability to limit a consumer to a finite (or negotiated) level of supply. This is especially useful in the case of low income consumers who may never be able to afford to pay for water, but nonetheless have the right to be provided with at least a basic level of service.
- Facilitates budgeting not only by the individual consumer, but by social service agencies, government departments, and NGOs.
Benefits to the service provider:
- Low cost of acquisition
- Prevents wastage and loss of potable water
- Capital recovery within months by curbing water wastage
- Battery life: approximately 5 years dependent on use
- Limits usage of water by problematic or indigent consumers
- Contributes to drought relief efforts
Benefits to the consumer:
- Consumers can control their daily or monthly consumption
- Daily or monthly carry-over where service providers allow it